Music Tones are Measured
Hz is simply how we measure sound. Musical instruments are usually tuned to a standard pitch of A=440. I find out the frequency of the sound and adjust the music to it. This gives the music a chance to become harmonious and easy to listen to.
There are many sounds we can benefit from; Ocean waves, Thunderstorms, Crickets, Birds, Waterfalls, the list goes on. I have various Album’s with these combinations available in a 1 gig USB.
Stages of Change
1. Precontemplation Stage: the behavior is not yet acknowledged as problematic and the person has no intention to change in the foreseeable future.
2. Contemplation Stage: the person realizes that the behavior is a problem and considers the advantages and disadvantages of changing.
3. Preparation/Determination Stage: the person intends to change the behavior and researches treatment options or alternative behaviors.
4. Action Stage: the change has been made and the person adapts to their new habits and behavior.
5. Maintenance Stage: the person has demonstrated a commitment to long term change by sticking to their new choices.
6. Relapse/Termination Stage: the person reverts back to their former, undesirable behavior.
- Reduces Stress and promotes wellness
- Improves communication
- Supports positive mood and emotional states
- Enhances awareness of the environment
- Allows for participation in client treatment
- Enhances memory
- Promotes physical rehabilitation and movement
- Music Therapy-teaching others to play instrumentsI also perform and conduct seminars for providers as well as clients who love music and learn about how listening to music affects our brain.